Friday, May 4, 2007

POWER IN PRAYER

I'm breaking my rule of not posting while at the office because I need to put my feelings in writing and to ask for your help.

Some of you may have seen or heard on the news that an LDS missionary serving in the state of Washington was critically injured in a bicycle /SUV collision. We learned this morning that he is the son of one of our dear colleagues here in the translation department. She and her husband have flown to be with him. The doctors do not expect their son to live, but miracles can happen. There has been a real out-pouring of love and concern here in the translation division. We are all praying for him and for his family and would ask you to join us.


There is great power in prayer.

Just to let you know what kind of a person his mother, Uini, is: She was supposed to bring her very large rice cooker for a celebration here today, so last evening, after they got the news and before leaving, she made a trip here to bring the rice cooker and the rice. She is a sweet, gentle, giving person and it breaks my heart to know how she must be suffering. But, she is also a woman of great faith. We can just hope and pray that the Lord’s will be done and that the family of this noble young missionary be blessed with comfort and strength.


We can all be comforted in the knowledge that God has a plan for us and that he knows us and loves us.

Psalms 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.

4 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

Prayers are being said. Please keep us updated.

Julie Q. said...

Oh Mom, I'm so sorry to hear about this. And I agree with you, it certainly reflects upon the mother's character that she would still make the rice when I'm sure everyone would have understood if she had left without worrying about it. I'll say a prayer or two or hundred.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

What an amazing woman. We'll be praying for their whole family, and everyone else touched by this. Thanks for letting us know.

TARA said...

Add my prayers to those as well. Unbelieveable about the rice - what an incredible level of service.