Wednesday, April 18, 2007

WACKY WEDNESDAY

This was one of “those days.” Nothing was going right.

Started out with a bad headache for the FIFTH day in a row.
My hair would not cooperate. DH said I was beautiful anyway. He’s funny that way.
About an hour into the work day I was kindly informed that my blouse was ripped out in the back under-arm seam. My 2 month old blouse was literally falling apart. Not just in the arm seam but in two other seams as well. Fortunately I had worn a jacket. Unfortunately it was too hot to keep on all day. I kept my arms down and my shoulders back. Aha! New way to improve your posture.
I had a deadline to meet before 9:20. Thought about skipping prayer meeting. Not a good idea since I had the scripture thought and I need all the prayers I can get.
The headache and accompanying nausea were making it hard to concentrate, so I finally decided to take the really strong medication which gets rid of the headache but makes it hard to stay awake. The two Tylenol from earlier were not making one bit of difference.
Made the deadline (barely) but had to ask David (my sanity saver) to check it to make sure I hadn’t made any really stupid mistakes.
Feeling really overloaded and gloomy. I didn’t even feel I had time to read one single blog. Now that’s really sad!
Moved groggily on to the next deadline which was looking really overwhelming. I was close to tears.


Our supervisor came in and said, “I don’t think I have told you lately how very much I appreciate both of you and everything you do.”
Wow! It’s amazing how fast the sun can come out!


The day was still busy but it was a good day.

Thank someone today. You may change their whole outlook.

Scripture thought:
Joshua 24:15 . . . Choose ye this day whom ye will serve; . . . But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
In today’s crazy world with so many demands on our time and loyalties, it’s important to know who’s on the Lord’s side.
I’m grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord and am convinced that all else will fall into place even on wacky days.


5 comments:

Julie Q. said...

You pull a rabbit out of a hat and turn a blecky day into something inspiring. Thanks for the uplifting ending.

Sorry about the headache. I had one too, which is part of the reason why we didn't make it to visit while we were in SLC. I always move more slowely when it feels like the world is spinning in the wrong direction and I've misplaced my sense of gravity.

I'm not sure if a visit from your daughter and 4 enthusiastic grandkids would have made your day easier or more difficult. Maybe if we had brought you a new shirt...

An Ordinary Mom said...

What is going on with the headaches? I had one for 4 days straight and I was so excited this morning when I woke up today and it was gone. I think my final combination of Tylenol, Aleve, Excedrin and Coke finally kicked in.

I am sorry you had such a bummer of a day, but at least you turned it into a bright one. I appreciate your words of wisdom so thanks for passing them along.

Klutzmom said...

Julie,
Sorry I passed the heaache gene on.
Your kids always brighten my day.

aomom
Wow! That combination sounds lethal. Sorry about your headache, too.

Anonymous said...

Well, in case I don't say it enough, I also appreciate you like crazy. I wish I had thought of naming my daughter after her grandmas before we named her something else. Then once we did have the idea we ended up with a boy instead. I guess I could have named him Dean Louis after his grandmas, but it didn't seem right. Even though my daughter doesn't have your name to live up to, I hope and pray she can be half as great as you when she grows up. And that's just the truth. Accept it for what it is--you are wonderful.

Klutzmom said...

Thank you very much. I think Emily is just fine. You did name your boys after
the grandpas so that should take take care of any family obligations on names.
I love you. You're a great daughter-in-law.